International students are required to apply for a
* Please do not misuse student visa on other purpose such as travelling.
Qualified Student Visa types:
1) X2 Visa
1) X2 Visa
If you exchange at Fudan for one semester, you’ll get X2 visa with ONLY one entry valid for upto 180 days after you enter mainland China.
Please don’t plan to go outside mainland China, even not to Hongkong, Macao or Taiwan, because your X2 visa will expire after you exit mainland China. Usually X2 visa can’t be added more entries.
2) X1 Visa
If you exchange at Fudan for one year, you’ll get X1 visa with one entry valid for 30 days.
Before picking up the passport and China Visa from Chinese Embassy or Consulate, please ensure that they return your admission notice and JW202 form to you. These are important documents you need to submit to the Exit-Entry Bureau of Shanghai Public Security Bureau if you apply for your residence permit after you enter
Residence Permit valid for 180/360 days ect.
You can only apply for the Residence Permit after you have completed the University Admission Procedures. Hence, we advise students not to enter
In order to get Residence Permit, you will have to finish physical examination first：
Those students who have done the physical examination outside
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 3:30pm
Appointment Hotline: 86-21-6268-8851; Complaint Hotline: 86-21-6268-7348
Reservation website: http://www.sithc.com
The Healthcare Center will come to Fudan to process the physical examination on certain days. ( Schedules will be announced by the International Students Office at http://iso.fudan.edu.cn/.)
Please prepare the following materials for the Physical Examination or Verification:
(1) Admission Notice
(2) Original and photocopies of your passport
(3) 4 passport-size photos (2-inch)
(4) The whole set of Physical Examination Record (Originals) if you have done your physical examination outside
(5) Cost of Physical Examination: Around 600 RMB. Cost of verification: 80 - 400 RMB depending on which supplemental examinations you have to go through.
*People with the following illnesses or contagious diseases will be refused of entry by the Chinese government. If you do have these illnesses, please abort your overseas study plans:
1、AIDS 2、STDs 3、Leprosy 4、Mental Disorders 5、Pulmonary Tuberculosis
Apply for the Residence Permit after you have completed the University Admission Procedures and physical examination. Please prepare the following documents:
(1) Your Passport
(2) Admission Notice
(3) JW202 Visa Application Form
(4) Health Certificate (issued after you passed the physical examination）
(5) International Students Visa Application Letter（Issued by ISO at Fudan）；
(6) 1 passport-size photos (2-inch)
(7) Residence Permit Application Fee (400 RMB for validation period within one year)
(8) A copy of the Accommodation Registration Form
Exit-Entry Bureau of Shanghai Public Security Bureau will receive your application for visa and residence permit. Its address is
Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday 9:00-11:30 13:30-16:30
Contact Number: 86-21-2895-1900
The Bureau will come to Fudan to process the Residence Permit on certain days. (Schedules will be announced by the International Students Office at http://iso.fudan.edu.cn.)